Tuesday, July 10, 2007

No Boys Allowed...................



When I spotted this project in Country Threads recently I just had to make it for Becca. It was her birthday on the 23rd June so I took the opportunity and made it while she was still at school, so it could be a surprise. The buttons arrived from Giggle Buttons and they just set it off perfectly.


Of course then it needed a special home on the wall and I had thought about just using quilt ends but then had the bright idea of having a shelf as well as a hanger. Of course all good ideas come with glitches and I couldnt just go to Bunnings and buy a shelf. I ended up buying all the bits I needed (brackets, dressed pine and dowel) and had to put it all together. After a coat of whitewash and then varnish its now on the wall and I noticed that she has filled the pockets!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pretty De.
I saw that project and wished my girls were younger so I could make it.
It's a pretty hanging and it's good to see it's appreciated by Becca, having filled the pockets with her bits and pieces

Lynda said...

Same here Suzi - almost 20 and 28 is just a bit too old (and NO grandbabies yet!). It's lovely De and look gorgeous hanging from the shelf. I saw the original and the matching cushion at the quilt show - she has some lovely designs.

Sarah said...

Just beautiful De!! I bet she was wrapped! You have been a busy girl :)