Sunday, March 22, 2009

Did anyone miss me?

Its been so long that I am sure no one pops into my blog anymore!


That life thing just became all consuming and blog land just didnt have the hold to keep me there.


So a brief update on what has been hapening.


I have moved! The kids, cats and I have moved into a really cute little house not to far from our old one. We are recovering from cardboard box dependence (Oh that was bad) and are slowly trying to form a new routine that encompasses everything that we need to do.


I love this house and a close friend of mine described it as a "doll's house". Hopefully we will get to stay here for some time and really make it a home.


During the move which seemed to take a very long time to get all packed up moved and unpacked I still had to do that work thing which was extremely busy and took up a lot of time. I also unfortunately lost my Nan so a quick (and very expensive) trip to Tassie was called for.


The recovery period - well how else should everything fall into place but to be moved and have everything settled 3 days before my scheduled holiday!!!! I had booked to go on a cruise with friends way back in August last year and it finally happened. I so needed the break after the busy few months that had happened and a very stressful 2008. And it just so happened to be my birthday!








Arriving home and going back to work was hard. But on a good note the work schedule has changed and I will be working more regular hours from here on in.

I will try to get back in here more regularly. I have been trying to keep up with everyone and you have all been doing some great work.






De

6 comments:

Vickie said...

WELCOME back De, I noticed you had not been posting -thought perhaps life stuffs had got in the way(which happens to the best of us at times).Sorry to hear your nan passed away..hope you are happy in your new home , hmm dolls house sounds way cute and comfy,cheers Vickie

Roseanne said...

ii nice to see you on the top of my blogger friends list in stead of the bottom. I am sorry to hear your Nan passed away.I live in a dolls house to. It is so nice to see you in blogging land again. Don't forget to keep up the blogging ..

Razzy

Sarah said...

Oh yes, I missed you De!! Looks like lots have been going on in your life. Sorry to hear about your Nan, what a terrible thing xx

x Sarah
PS: I did send you a couple of emails but I think they came back to me (it was a while ago)

Helen said...

I too have missed you De and I'm sorry to hear that your Nan passed away, life sure can be a bummer sometimes but hopefully the future will be more positive for you and your family.


Helen

Jan said...

Hello, De, I have just found your blog again. Your house sounds gorgeous; I hope you are all settled now and experiencing happier times. So sorry to hear about your nan. Take care and keep smiling.
Jan

Vicki said...

Helllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooo... Do you remember that we do try to read your blog - but there's nothing here!!!!!!!!!! This is the year for re-enervating, so come on, get with it :)